Google

Friday, February 16, 2007

Geriatric dementia...

I had always navigated my life from first principles. And I always did better at steering my way through troubled waters and through uncharted territories compared to those who always went in prepared...

Problem #1, what did I learn?

Its tough for me to answer or to make up an answer to that question because to be honest, I learnt nothing...nothing that can be attributed to either a single life changing instant or multiple exposures to life changing instants...learning to me is a continuous process - the alternative to acquired intelligence not intelligence itself - the means and not the ends - as is generally believed. Its this belief that makes me resent any attempt to practice, to perfect and to prepare. I had much rather 'evolve' a solution than to 'present' a practiced perfect answer because eventually its the epistemological process that renders itself to continuous adaptation, refinement and radical innovation, not the staid microwave dinner equivalent of what we have come to call as skills.

Problem #2, mistakes?

We all make mistakes, some more some less, guess I have made too many and I haven't learnt my lessons...The bigger problem is that accumulated experience is also like knowledge, and that I have chosen to ignore it, does not make me any less sentient of the possibities of superior outcomes had I chosen not to, if only in retrospect...which unfortunately is too long a sentence and also proves my initial hypothesis as fallacious...

Problem #3, cognitive empathy?

I am an idealist...I am a fatalist...I am a struggler...the former two predicate the latter and rightly so...I am always trying for the ideal while I am fully cognizant of the futility of the exercise...and yet I try...with the process being an end unto itself...hoping that dynamic progression would be much better than discrete states....

Unfortunately what this does is it alienates the inquisitor, particularly the diffident, non participatory, judgemental variety.

To be continued...still...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's important for us to sitback and ponder over the life we had and the life we want to have...
learn our lessons...try not to be repeatative in mistakes...but dear we all are humans that is what makes our life more interesting and some thing to look upto...else we would have achieved perfection ...and may have become god...but then what fun the life would have been...cheers budy what ever has happened was for your own good...and whatever will happen will also be for your good....

February 18, 2007 7:07 PM  
Blogger AK said...

Well, the concept of having learnt n still feeling like having not learnt enough (or not having learnt at all) is essentially a consequence of your unquenchable thirst for learning --- which brings me to the fact that you haven't changed!! You shouldn't change!!!

That's how I know you - ever learning - ever critical - ever searching ---- that's what makes you what you are!!! A quintessential example to your own self and to me (and I'm sure to many others) ... of what we could be!!!

To consummate my comment I’ll say the same good old cliché (an ironical line but anyways) from that frivolous ‘Rotomac’ pens advert from Reynolds years back …

‘kyunki fighter humeshaan jeetta hai’

Godspeed my friend!!!

February 21, 2007 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home